Sunday, January 31, 2016

2016 SAG Awards

If you know me at all, you know that I'm obsessed with award shows... More-so red carpets ;)

I love to see how stars get dolled up for their big night out. From the gowns to the shoes, and of course their hair and makeup! I can't wait to see how their team of stylists have paired together their look. 

So here they are, my top 5 picks from this years SAG Awards...

Emilia Clarke 


Photo c/o popsugar.com.au



photo c/o glamour.com

First of all, I love her! 
I'm completely obsessed with the Game Of Thrones series! 
Second, she looked so effortlessly stunning! Her bright pink ball gown with a plunging neckline was so simple and chic. I love that she paired it with such a relaxed/natural hairstyle. The deep side part was a great way to offset the neckline, and those soft, beachy waves were the perfect compliment. Her makeup was kept soft with subtle highlights on her cheeks and eyes-- accompanied by a graphic liner and soft pink lip, I think she nailed this look. 

Alicia Vikander

Photo c/o Vogue.com


photo c/o glamour.com

This award winner was stunning! I loved the styling on this one-- her dress is amazing (SEQUINS!!), from the gentle sparkle of the sequins to the graphic print of the dress, it was so eye catching and fun, yet glamorous. 
I really loved the way she paired this dress with a simple hairstyle- sleek and straight. It wasn't overly complicated and kept with the simplicity of the design. Her makeup was amazing, but how could it not be when Charlotte Tilbury is the artist?! 
Those bronzed/gold eyes accompanied with lashes were a great compliment to the hair and the dress. It was soft, simple and showcased her natural beauty. Finishing off with a  soft rose colored lip and bronzed skin-- this is a winner all around. 


Laverne Cox

photo c/o eonline.com

photo c/o glamour.com

Wow. 
Laverne looked awesome last night! I am obsessed with this drapey, grecian, deep burgundy dress! The color on her is perfect, especially against those long, loose blonde waves. It was an updated old hollywood hairstyle, with the deep side part and softened waves. Her makeup complimented beautifully. Soft smokey eyes to add some definition and some extra sultry/sexy-ness to the look (as if she needed more!) and a bold lip that didn't distract from the whole look. She looks glamorous and timeless. 

Christina Hendricks

photo c/o stylebistro.com

photo c/o glamour.com

This girl knows what works. 
I love that she plays up that 1960's vibe with Bridget Bardot hair and sultry cat eyes. Her hair is perfect-- I'm kind of obsessed! Her soft bangs, and loose hair tendrils to accent the volumized updo is perfection. 
That liner is AMAZING
It not only makes her blue eyes pop, but it really is a perfect cat flick that can accompany those deco earrings, Bardot bangs, and that gorgeous, fitted gold dress. 
YES! YES! YES! 

Saoirse Ronan

photo c/o express.co.uk

photo c/o glamour.com

There were quite a few top knots on the red carpet last night, but this one takes the cake! I love that her bun has some volume and is left on the messier side. It was a simple and chic way to pull the hair off her face without making the dress feel too stiff or too formal. She's a young woman and I think the hair reflected a bit of that fun youth! 
Her makeup was awesome. I love the pale shadow on the eyes- it keeps the look fresh and ethereal. The lack of liner and the boost in the lashes were a great combo for this overall look. She kept the lips natural and had a beautiful soft color added to the cheeks. 
I love the dress! The color is great with her tones and it has a modern vibe yet kind of reminds me of the 60's :) 


Who were your top beauty picks of the night?


No comments:

Post a Comment