Sunday, February 7, 2016

Kiss Proof Lipsticks

With Valentine's Day around the corner, I figured it's a great time to share some kiss proof lipsticks for the occasion :) 

I know my husband hates to get lipstick all over his face (as most people would), so I've spent a lot of time investing in smudge-proof, long wear lip colors. I've rounded up some of the best to help you get that perfect pout without the mess. 

Hourglass
Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick
$28

photo c/o Sephora.com

I love this lipstick. 
I was turned onto this product line when I saw Celebrity Makeup Artist Tyron Machhausen used this lipstick in RAVEN on Margot Robbie for the Oscars last year. It was such a gorgeous color, I had to get it. I actually purchased it for a tv segment I was working on about Oscars Makeup with WCIU's You and Me in the Morning.
After purchasing and using on my model, I knew I was in love with this color! I wear it often and it LASTS! They have 9 shades ranging from pinks, to fuschia to a beautiful orange red (Raven) to a classic red. Something else I love about this product, is that they have it in a travel size for $10! You can't beat that, and honestly a travel size will last you a while! Liquid lipsticks pack a lot of punch, so a little goes a long way ;) 

Too Faced
$21
photo c/o toofaced.com

This stuff is great because it comes in a wide range of colors (18!) and what's different about this liquid lipstick is that it has more of a glossy/satin like finish rather than a matte finish. Most liquid lipsticks are very matte and very drying, while this one is not. The pigment is strong, and it's in a cute tube with a simple applicator tip, so you can apply on the go! 

L'Oreal 
$12.99

photo c/o Lorealparisusa.com

This is a more affordable option that works quite well! I've used L'Oreal's infallible lipsticks for years (they recently changed their packaging), and they last for hours! It's an awesome option if you're unsure about colors that work on you because they are easier on the wallet. They do have 24 colors to choose from, ranging from nudes to pinks to browns, to reds! I usually apply the color first, allow it to dry, apply a second coat and then top it with the balm on the other end. 

More of a gloss girl?
Try this...

L'Oreal 
$9.99

photo c/o lorealparisusa.com

This stuff is great if you prefer a glossy lip! The large color palette of 20 colors works from nudes to deep burgundy. So there is something for everyone. Lasts 8 hours with a glossy, sheer tint color-- it is beautiful. You can even use this to top your matte lipsticks if you want a little extra shine that'll last as long as your lipstick! 


There they are! 
Now get out there and find that perfect lip color your night out (or in :))! 









No comments:

Post a Comment