Monday, July 25, 2016

Refreshing Facial Mists


Hey all,

So I don't know where you are reading this from, but let me tell you, in Chicago, it is HOT. Not just hot, but HUMID. And STICKY. 

Not fun. 

Of course some of you may be used to this type of 100+ Degree weather, but I am not! Not even in the summer!
In light of the heat... 
I thought I'd take this hot weather as inspiration to introduce one of my favorite types of products... 

Facial Mists. 

I am kind of obsessed with these face sprays! If you haven't had the experience of trying one, I highly suggest investing in a small bottle to carry around with you. 

They are great for refreshing your makeup and skin in this sticky type weather. BUT it's also great for other climates as well. Cold weather often leads to drier skin-- so these refreshing sprays are a great boost of moisture. 

That being said, they are awesome for travel! Carry a mini version on your next flight so when you got off that plane, you can refresh, re-hydrate and wake up! 

There are so many kinds to choose from, so if you're not sure on the right one for you, you've come to the right place! Here is a breakdown of some of my favorites mists for every skin type. 

1. Evian 
$12.50 for 5 ounces

photo c/o sephora.com

You've probably seen this around -- Evian Facial Spray has been around for a while. This light mist of mineral water is great for any skin type. It truly refreshes, adds moisture and rehydrates skin. The more you use this throughout the day, the better. 

Great for all skin types as it's just mineral water, so it's incredibly gentle. 
The bottles come in 3 different sizes: 10 oz, 5 oz, and 1.7 oz (great for travel or on the go!)

2. Rose Water

I'm going to give two options for this lovely spray! I LOVE Rose water. It's light, refreshing, and the scent is lovely. One of my favorites that I've used for years includes...

Mario Badescu's Facial Spray
$7 for 4 ounces. 

photo c/o mariobadescu.com

This spray has aloe and herbs as well as rose water to help lock in moisture. It's affordable and good quality! It's great for all skin types as it's gentle and non irritating. 
The smallest size they offer is 4 ounces, but I often buy small 1 or 2 oz. bottles to fill and carry with me. Again, the more you can use this refreshing mist throughout the day, the better! 

Another to try... 

Herbivore Rose Hibiscus Coconut Water
$32 for 4 ounces

photo c/o sephora.com

A little pricier... this spray has no artificial ingredients whatsoever! I love the integration of coconut water (a wonderful scent and hydration tool), and witch hazel. 
Because of the witch hazel in this product, I would suggest this spray for people with oilier skin. The witch hazel helps to act as a natural astringent but also has the capacity to lock in moisture at the same time. 
You could use this in the morning as a toner before you leave the house. 

3. Nurturing Force Wellness Aloe Vera
$15 for 2 ounces


This is a great treatment for dehydrated skin. 
Nurturing Force is a wonderful brand with products that are vegan and natural. This spray is a great way to instantly hydrate and cool/soothe distressed skin. 
Perfect for someone with dry, cracked skin, or rosacea (but works well on every type!), this product cools on contact and instantly refreshes! 


There you have it, 
some of my favorite facial mists! 

While these mists feel amazing in the warmer months, they can and should be used year round. So start integrating this into your skincare routine for a boost! 

Do you have a favorite facial mist that isn't mentioned above? Feel free to share your favorites in the comments! I'm always looking for new products to try! 













No comments:

Post a Comment