Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Making a comeback

Hello friends!
I'm finally making my blog comeback! I am making it a New Year's resolution to be better about creating posts and following through with my ideas :) 

Winter is finally making it's appearance here in Chicago -- yes, there were a few flurries today! I figured it called for some wintertime survival tips! Things that will save your skin and some time :) 

One of my favorite things about the cooler months, is bringing back my beloved head scarf. Back when I was a wee little babe, I would wear my pink and gold head scarf paired perfectly with red lipstick EVERYDAY!
No joke. 

So today, with my dirty hair, I was able to bring it back! 



In the summertime while it's hot and humid, I like all my hair off my face- especially when I'm working. So I will rock the top knots and braids (thank goodness they were so IN this year!), but when it get's chilly like this, I prefer the scarf.

I literally tie it underneath my hair, pull all my hair to the side with the knot of the scarf, and roll it into a bun. From there, I wrap a hair tie around it and VOILA! 

Easy, cute and WARM!

Now for your skin, 
I've preached about the importance of exfoliation (especially in the winter months- read about it HERE), but another tip for hydrated winter skin, is a good hydration mask. 

There are many masks you can use on your skin for different needs (clear pores, oxygenate skin, exfoliate.. etc), but for winter, I highly suggest using a hydrating mask, especially for those with drier skin. 
I have combination skin for sure-- super dry in some areas and oily down the T-zone. But in the winter, I can get dry patches. I especially need extra hydration under my eyes. 

I just purchased the Burts Bees Intense Hydration Treatment Mask and it is awesome! 

Photo courtesy of Burts Bees

It makes my skin feel like silk! It is a mask you don't rinse off-- so it's SUPER hydrating. You wipe it off with a tissue and allow the rest to absorb into the skin-- like your night cream. I love it!

There are so many different types you can buy, you might even be able to get a sample to try before buying if you go to the department store. 

Another quick fix you can carry on the go is Evian Facial Water Spray

Evian photo courtesy of Nordstrom.com

This spray is water from the French Alps that is said to have a plethora of minerals that are easily absorbed by our skin. 

It is often used as a form of re-hydration throughout the day. 
I LOVE it. 

It's perfect for a quick pick me up if you're feeling dehydrated or just need a boost before your night out straight from work. It refreshes and brightens your skin instantly. 

This is probably one of the best products to carry with you when you fly! Flying really dehydrates your skin, so spritzing this instantly refreshes and wakes you up! 

I hope this helps your winter woes--at least some of them :) 

XOXO Jen








No comments:

Post a Comment