Monday, August 8, 2016

Beach Essentials

Summer is still going strong! 
While packing my beach bag recently I thought I'd share what I take with me for those hot sandy days! 

It's pretty basic, I don't do much when it comes to the beach or laying pool side. I usually skip any makeup because... well... obviously. 

So here is my Summer Beach Bag Breakdown...

1. You need a cute bag. 

You do. 

Everlane: The Beach Tote
$35
photo c/o Everlane.com

This tote is clean and classic-- large enough to pack all your staples! 100% canvas so it's durable and lightweight. 

2. Water. 
Duh. 

I never leave the house without a liter of water! I try to drink 3 liters a day. 
I just purchased this water bottle and I love it! 

Amazon
$24.99

photo c/o amazon.com 

This bottle is thick glass with a silicone cover to prevent shattering! It holds a liter of water and comes with two lids- one with the handle and one without. It also comes in range of fun colors! I went with pink so it's easy for me to spot :) 

3. Books/Magazines. 
What better activity when lying on a beach?? 

Last read.. 
$17

photo c/o amazon.com 

Hilarious and beautifully written short essays. Easy read and light hearted for the beach/poolside. 

I LOVE magazines... here are 3 easy to find favorites...

W
Vogue
Elle

4. Sunscreen. 

You saw this coming, I know you did! 
I obviously pack two kinds of sunscreen, one for the face and one for the body. 

For the Face: Vichy 
$25.99

photo c/o target.com 

Love this stuff- very lightweight, full protection and gentle on the skin. 

For the Body: Neutrogena
$9.49

photo c/o target.com 

There are a million types of sunscreen, but I can't seem to get away from the sprays! So easy to apply and this Neutrogena one is super light and sheer. 

I'm always on the hunt for a more natural option-- so if you know of any great spray organic sunscreens, please share in the comments! 

Don't forget about your lips! 

I also pack a Lip Balm with SPF to protect my pout! There are so many lovely tinted versions, so you can have a little pop of color. 

Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15
$24

photo c/o nordstrom.com 

Beautiful tints that come in a wide variety of colors. 

5. Hat. 

Let's keep this sun exposure to a minimum! I always try to bring a hat. Makes reading easier and helps to protect that skin. 


photo c/o asos.com 

This beautiful straw hat is a great option. The wide brim protects your skin and looks chic. 



There you have it, my beach bag essentials! 
What are your must haves?












No comments:

Post a Comment