Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Sine Qua Non

Hi beautiful people :) 

The other night I had the pleasure of attending a special preview night at Sine Qua Non Salon of a new program they are trying to start called “Sine Style Bar.”

With all the new blow dry and syle bars coming out, Sine saw this as an opportunity to show clients that even a full salon is capable and happy to provide styling services for your night out! 

The event was for industry professionals, bloggers, and writers. It was an example of the new weekly events they plan to host. 

So let's get down to it, here's my experience of the Sine Style Bar. 

Upon arriving I was greeted with smiling faces. Everyone was buzzing and super friendly. I was also greeted with a glass of cava- which I love! 

From there, I had my appointment set with Jac- a super cool chick and incredible stylist on their team for the past 2 years. 

I got to choose from any of the following styles... 


Of course I love the loose, beachy wave look, so I went with "The Hillary."

I told the receptionist that my hair was going on day 3 of no washing and was styled from the previous night before, so I wasn't sure if they'd be able to do anything with it! Of course he suggested a braided style, but then he also offered a wash and blow dry! 

So of course, I opted for the blow dry :) 

Jac, my stylist, was super sweet. She took the time to sit me down and figure out what I liked. She shampooed me and gave me the BEST head massage. EVER

From there, she gave me a blow out and followed in with an iron to get those beachy waves. 


Jac introduced me to a new hair product line that only Sine Qua Non is carrying in the city right now! It's a line called R&Co and from what I could tell- it's pretty amazing. It smelled great, it felt great and I am definitely going to buy some the next time I go in!
Aside from R&Co?  
There was this incredible new dry shampoo from Bumble and Bumble that blew my mind. It's called Dryspun Finish. 

You can put this invisible spray all over the hair, not just at the root. Point being?! 
It can give your hair that texture it needs to hold curl. Which my limp, straight hair, desperately needs!

The End Result... 


Obviously very happy. My hair felt and smelled amazing :) 

It didn't feel product-y, or stiff, I could run my fingers through it, and it lasted for 2 days :)

On my way out the door I was given a little gift bag full of product goodies. 

In the bag... 
A bunch of new hair products for me to try and a Sine Points card-- Works just the same as getting points at Sephora! You can earn points with new referrals, purchases and even check ins! From there you can earn some cash for your next appointment :) 

All in All, it was a super fun event and with lots of very cool people. Everyone was so welcoming, and easy going, and all the ladies leaving the event that night looked pretty amazing. 

Please go check out Sine Qua Non Salons (several locations in Chicago) the next time you're looking for a place to go! And keep an eye out on their website and blog for updated information on the next Style Night







No comments:

Post a Comment