Sunday, April 17, 2016

MAC Masterclass Brush Review

Hey all,

Thank you for your patience-- this month has been insane work wise, so I've neglected a weekend or two of blogging... 
But to get back on track I thought it'd be fun to share my new purchase and review with you! 

Here it is... 



This is not a scam! lol 

I have had my eyes on the original brushes by Artis for some time. I kept going back and forth about purchasing them because A) I truly thought they were a weird fad B) I didn't want to re-learn how to use brushes...  C) I just wasn't sure if it would be worth the price tag. 

But alas, here's what happened...

I wandered into the MAC store to pick up an item or two and saw the brush out on display. I asked the sales associate if I could try it out. She gave me a bit of concealer and I dipped the brush in and started buffing it into the skin.





Holy moly. The bristles are SO soft! 
They feel amazing against the skin and it really does give a nice finish to the foundation/concealer. I couldn't believe how much I actually liked this brush! And I couldn't believe I was going to purchase it without an artist discount (it's one of their special products that doesn't apply for pro discount= lame). But I really liked the way it felt on my skin, so I purchased the largest one they had for myself to try it out for a while. 

They have 3 sizes, a small liner brush, a small shadow/concealer brush and the larger foundation brush. The Artis Brushes have a wider range of sizes, including much larger ones and different shaped smaller ones. 

While I do think the smaller ones are a "fad" and won't really get much traction, I do think the larger ones are quite nice! 

Part of the reason I like it so much is because I can use it for a lot of different things. Moisturizer, foundation, concealer, cream blush, highlighter, you name it! I can buff it on! The size is quite nice (it's probably a size 4 or 6 in Artis), it can work for full face stuff, but it can also fit under my eyes and around my nose for extra coverage/concealing. 



It gives a seamless finish, almost like airbrush. No brush strokes or fingerprints to worry about. 

It's got a sturdy handle that's comfortable and easy to use. 

I don't think I'll be purchasing the smaller detail brushes for eyes/liner, etc. But I am really enjoying this larger face brush and might purchase one or two for my kit! 

If you've tried them, let me know what you think! 




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this incredible content. I'm one of the fun of collecting Professional Makeup Brushes.

    Let me share you my favorite collection from Blushies that I bought last week. Visit it here: Makeup Brush Set

    ReplyDelete