Tuesday, August 26, 2014

2014 Emmy's Best

Hello loves,

Last night was the 66th Annual Emmy Awards! 

I was completely caught off guard, and was very unprepared! I didn't realize it was even showing last night until 4pm yesterday when I saw Giuliana Rancic's post on instagram! Turns out, I was justified in that, as this is the first time they've aired an Emmy's show on a Monday in over 30 years. 
YES! 
AND, they decided to push it up a month early so it wouldn't interfere with Sunday Night Football. 

But let's get back to the beauty shall we? Luckily I caught the red carpet action and drank bubbles as I enjoyed the award show. It was lovely. 

Here are my top beauty picks of the night…

Sara Hyland

image ℅ hollywoodlife.com

I loved Sara Hyland's look! It was so fun, young and fresh. The loose bun at the top of her head is both chic and playful. Her makeup is bronzed and rosy with lots of lash! Very soft, pretty and glowy-- all good things! 

Sticking with the Modern Family theme…

Julie Bowen

photo ℅ hollywoodlife.com

Julie Bowen looked amazing. I loved the hair with the soft, effortless waves and side part. It was formal, yet casual. Her makeup looked beautiful! Glowing skin, soft pink lips, and bold, sexy eyes pulling inspiration from her gown. 

Julia Louis Dreyfus

photo ℅ hollywoodlife.com

Julia. You are amazing. 
Aside from being hilarious and talented, she is beautiful! 
I thought she looked stunning last night- from the dress to the perfectly blown out hair, she looked glowing and fresh faced! Her makeup was soft, some emphasis on her eyes with neutral tones kept this look classic and clean. 

Jessica Paré

photo ℅ hollywoodlife.com

I loved this makeup look because it was soft and natural but still striking. Her eyes have blush toned shadows which carry into the rest of the face-- soft berry stained lips are perfection! Her hair was swept back clean, leaving her beautiful shoulders on display. 

Claire Danes

photo ℅ eonline.com

Claire Danes looked really great last night. She had a beautiful classic red lip and lined eye, but her updo really stole the show! This fishtail bun was modern, interesting and truly beautiful. 


Kerry Washington

photo ℅ huffingtonpost.com 

Kerry always looks amazing. 
While I will admit, I was not totally crazy about the hair- it was okay. It felt undone to me. It kind of looked like she had her hair in a bun all day and then took it down and ran a comb through leaving all the little dents in there. I just wish it was either more straight or had a little more bend to it. 
On another note, her makeup was gorgeous- I loved that she went with a metallic blue on the lids, something bold and daring and oh so complimentary to that stunning orange dress. Paired with natural lips and perfect skin, it was gorgeous.



There you have it, my top picks from the night! Who were yours? Feel free to share! 






No comments:

Post a Comment